Date Time Competition Season
3rd November 2017 7:45 pm Welsh Premier League 2017/18


Maes Tegid
24 Castle St, Bala, Gwynedd LL23 7UU, UK


Bala Town2


Excellent team performance extends Town’s unbeaten run to four games.

There was plenty of fireworks going off at Maes Tegid on Bonfire weekend with a cracking game of football that was a superb advert for the Welsh Premier League.

After an early first minute effort by Sheridan that was fired over, it was the visitors who came firing out of the blocks and took a hold of the first 15 minutes.

A combination between Hart, Jones and Williams saw Rule block away Jones’ chance prior to a free header from Hart going narrowly over with 10 minutes played.

Llandudno were playing some nice tidy football on the deck, looking quick on the counter attack but Bala were starting to fight back.

They came close to opening the scoring when Burke’s corner kick was taken short to Evans who curled the ball first time towards the top corner but saw it saved by Roberts.

The game was very close with not much seperating them with the two backlines doing well to keep each other at bay.

Davies came close on 32 minutes when he did excellently to win the ball and drive into the box but his shot was unleashed over the crossbar.

Two minutes later, Town took the lead. Hayes laid the ball off to Burke who struck home from 20 yards with the ball flying through Roberts in the Dudno net.

However it only took two minutes for the visitors to equalise. Dix was tackled just inside the area which Hart stepped up and dispatched straight down the middle.

Hayes and Davies linked up to set up Evans on the restart which he struck first time but Roberts could save before Ryan Valentine rattled the crossbar just before the interval.

It was a great second half display from the Lakesiders who looked dominant and strong on the ball.

Town’s chances came thick and fast – Burke fired over after he was released by Evans, Taylor brilliantly cleared off the line to deny a Davies unmarked header and an excellent box to box break saw Hayes’ delivery just miss the incoming Davies at backpost.

Dudno had chances themselves with a 20 yard Jones freekick curling wide of the upright before Thomas blazed over from outside the box.

On the hour mark Jordan Evans was forced off to injury to be replaced by Evan Horwood.

Danny Shaw blocked Les Davies’ effort with Stuart Jones’ bullet header cleared off the line by Taylor a minute later with Bala’s confidence growing.

Town cranked up the pressure and after two opportunities for Burke and Davies going begging, they took the lead on 71 minutes.

A great passage of play saw a header from Davies arrived to Hayes who blasted home from just inside the 6 yard box.

They could’ve further extended their lead when on 78 minutes Ian Sheridan rattled the crossbar from around 16 yards.

A lot of improvement once again by the Lakesiders who are starting to really hit their stride with another excellent battling display that takes them up to 5th in the table.

Next up….Connah’s Quay!

Match photos by Arwel Jones


About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor