Lakesiders take point off the League leaders.

It was a feisty affair at Maes Tegid in the Friday night football as 1st took on 3rd in a top of the table clash.

The start was explosive as we had two goals in the opening ten minutes from either side.

A corner was delivered into the box which was met by Michael Wilde who’s bullet header flew into the back of the net after only two minutes of play.

Bala replied in the best way possible as they passed the ball round well and equalised after 8 minutes.

The break came down the right through Sean Smith who picked out Shannon who immediately crossed into the box to find an unmarked Chris Venables which was tucked in tidily into the back of the net.

From the equaliser Bala were growing in strength with Smith and Robles creating problems for the Nomads backline and the Town defence also dealing with the Quay’s physical play.

Shannon put another great ball into the area but Morris made a vital clearance prior to Venables scuffing a 12 yard effort wide of the upright.

The game was becoming fiery with some hot-blooded tackles as it opened up with both teams having opportunities on goal.

Robles’ quick turn of pace shook off Horan allowing Shannon to shoot at Brass from the edge of the area before Stephens scuffed his shot past the post.

In the 32rd minute, Bala should’ve been ahead when they had a fantastic counter attacking move which saw a pin point cross from the right finding Venables who glanced his header wide in a chance that was almost easier to score than miss!

Five minutes before the interval as Curran’s ball in was looped into the net by Insall to give the visitors a 2-1 lead at the break.

Town had a massive penalty claim in the opening couple of minutes of the second period but it was waved away by referee Bryn Markham-Jones.

Bala were having comfortable spells of pressure but lacking a little luck with decisions not going in their favour and Nomads earning crucial touches on throughballs and passes making it frustrating for the Lakesiders.

Continuing to dig deep, Burns set up Leslie but his strike from distance lacked composure and flew over the woodwork.

A superb passage of play allowed Burke to release Robles however his delivery to Venables was headed out for a goalkick.

It was become frantic as both Clubs looked to seal a points return and credit to the visitors and the Lakesiders, there were battles all over the pitch that ensured that every single player was putting a shift in.

A scramble in the box from Bakare’s corner kick was dealt with solidly by Tibbetts who collected Insall’s header after Tibbetts denied Curran’s opportunity a minute earlier.

With twelve minutes left, Town got their rewards. Burns’ freekick on the halfway line was flicked forwards by Stephens into the path of Kieran Smith who’s scuffed shot from seven yards crept under Brass and into the net to make it 2-2.

Brass denied Smith after the restart before a moment of controversy saw Brass run out of his area and allegdedly handle the ball when substitute Mendes went one on one with him for nothing to be awarded in Town’s favour.

Five minutes from time, Louis Robles was sent off for dissent but luckily for the Lakesiders it didn’t have an affect on the result in the closing stages.

Another valueable point on the board for the Lakesiders and with The New Saints drawing with Barry, all is to play for with six games left of the Championship Conference!

About The Author