Poor pitch and poor decisions were no matter for the Reserves!

Our Reserves travelled away to Cefn Mawr Rangers, where they looked to avenge their 4-3 defeat earlier in the season. After the Reserves’ previous fixture, they were looking for their first consecutive wins since the end of September.

The match started slowly, with Bala adjusting to the pitch conditions with the ball bobbling all over the place.

The hosts had the first attempt on goal, but their effort went wide.

Bala came close after 10 minutes, after AJ’s long throw in fell to the edge of the box, where Dan Lindsay had an attempt on goal which went just wide of the post.

Some defensive work for Bala, as Josh put his body infront of a Cefn shot on goal, and Bala could clear their lines.

A good chance for Bala to grab the first goal, but Cai’s touch let him down on that occasion.

Cefn come close, but an attempt on goal hits the post, and Dom is then there to grab it.

The deadlock was broken on 21 minutes, as Cefn make the breakthrough. A corner is swinged in and the tallest man on the field meets the ball to put it in the top corner, no chance for Ifan on the line or Dom in goal, 1-0 Cefn!

Bala had the ball in the net a couple minutes later, but the ref deemed Llion offside, score stayed at 1-0.

Only minute after the offside goal, Cai made it level! A mix up in the Cefn defence lets Gwion flick the ball to Cai who stayed composed and slotted the ball past the keeper! 1-1!

Just after half an hour came one shocking decision, which ultimately could of changed the dynamics of the game. Cai had the ball on the edge of the box with the keeper well of his line, as Cai tried to play in Llion, the Cefn keeper deliberately hit the ball with his arm outside the box, which the ref only gave him a yellow card. Despite arguments from off and on the pitch, the ref stuck to his deicison and gave Bala a freekick.

AJ Galdo was forced off with a nasty head injury, with Darrell Johns coming on in his place.

Halftime came and everyone was still outraged with the ref’s decision only to give the keeper a yellow, after the deliberate hand ball.

The second half started, and not to the suprise of the lads, the ref pulled another shocking decision, this time Joe Ephraim was in on goal with no defenders infront of him, besides the keeper. The last defender behind him takes him down, however the ref deemed it as a yellow card offence and not a red card. Bala were given the free kick, but more outrage from on and off the field.

Later in the half, Llion came close as his header from Joe’s cross went over.

With just over 15 minutes left of the game, Bala were given a penalty! Much to the suprise of everyone really, after a Cefn defender took down Joe. However Joe stepped up to take the penalty, and he smashed Bala into the lead! 2-1 with just over quarter of an hour left!

Cefn kept pushing for an equaliser, and for a while had Bala with their backs against the wall, but hung on.

5 minutes to go, and Joe finishes off the hosts! 3-1 to Bala after Darrell swings a ball into the box, and Joe is there to meet it and on the volley sweeps the ball into the corner. Game, set, match!

The last of the action came from a good save by Dom, to deny Cefn a consolation, as Bala made sure of the victory.

Into added time and Harri Watkin replaced Joe Ephraim just to seal the game.

The fulltime whistle went, and a well deserved 3 points were coming back to Bala! Determination and perserverance to push forward despite the 2 massive decisions that went against them. 2 wins on the bounce, as the Reserves head to Johnstown on the 8th of February to make it 3 wins out of 4 for the year.

Follow our socials! Head to Our Twitter and also Our Facebook for live match updates and information!



About The Author