A wet and windy start to the new year, with new signings in the squad!

Conditions weren’t great at Maes Tegid, with wet and windy weather throughout the entirety of the match.

First couple of minutes of the match, the wind was visible and it would be hard for both teams throughout the match. However, Bala were attacking with the wind, which gave them the advantage for the first half.

It took 10 minutes for the first attempt on goal, but Cai’s effort drifted wide.

Seconds later, Joe also had an effort on goal, but also drifted wide.

Airbus come attacking down the other end straight away, and nearly grab a goal but for Jack Jarvis, clearing off the line and keeping the game goaless.

A few more glimpses of attacking play from Bala, but saw nothing come of their chances.

Airbus came very close on 34 minutes, as a cross comes in, and Josh nearly puts the ball in the back of his own net, but the ball creeps past the post and out for a corner.

A very lacklustre first half, however conditions did not help at all. The first half ended scoreless with both teams very much still in this, with half chances going both ways.

The second half got underway, with Bala playing against the wind, an even harder task than the first half.

A sloppy start to the second half, with conditions really playing the part, however Airbus came close after 15 minutes of the second half, as they rattle the bar! Cross came into the Bala box, and an Airbus attacker meets the cross, but hits the bar. Let off for Bala.

Sam Roberts came on to make his debut for the club, after replacing AJ Galdo.

Bala had a chance pf their own, after new signing Llion Thomas latched onto a long ball, drives at the keeper, takes a shot, but the keeper is equal to it.

Llion then had a similar chance a few minutes later, this time he tries to dink the keeper from range, but the ball goes just over. Encouraging signs from Bala!

Although a minute later, Airbus take the lead. They get a corner on the far side, the ball is whipped in and is held in the air by the wind, everyone thinks it’s going out, but an Airbus player attacks the ball at the front post and heads home to make it 1-0 Airbus.

Ifan Davies then makes his debut for the club, as Harri Watkin comes off.

With 10 minutes to go, Dom makes a great save to keep Bala in the game, after a shot from the edge of the box, looks to be going in, but Dom stretches out to put the ball onto the bar! Keeping Bala in the game.

Last change of the match saw Barry Jones replace Dan Lindsay.

A last opportunity for Bala with a corner in the last minute of normal time, but Airbus are able to clear their lines.

With seconds to go, Airbus wrap up the 3 points with another goal. This time an Airbus player dribbles past the defence and slots past Dom in goal, making it 2-0 Airbus with the last kick of the game.

Despite the conditions, an improvement from Bala, who bettered their previous result against Airbus, which ended 4-1.

Follow our socials! Head to Our Twitter and also Our Facebook for live match updates and information!



About The Author