Lakesiders end the year with a win!

Monday evening saw the reverse fixture between the Lakesiders and the Cofis and it was Town that walked away happy after sealing another win to end the year on a high.

Our opponents started extremely well as they looked to gain early revenge after their Boxing Day defeat at The Oval, however it was the Lakesiders who took an early lead.

With nine minutes played, a break down the right between Burns and Robles saw Venables carve open the Caernarfn defence to find an unmarked Henry Jones 7 yards out who slotted into an empty net.

The game was very open in the first half with some very quick counter attacking play by both sides.

Venables and Jones combined for Jones to lob Ramsay from the edge of the box but they were deemed offside by the linesman.

On the 22nd minute, the game came to a stop with a 15 minute delay as Nathan Craig collided with Shaun Cavanagh with the Caernarfon captain required medical attention and an ambulance was called to take him to hospital. Early signs have shown severe concussion and we all at Maes Tegid, wish Nathan all the best for a speedy recovery.

From the restart, there were plenty of chances for the Lakesiders to go further ahead. Leslie’s delivery was cleared, Robles and Jones saw their efforts cleared by Edwards before Spittle got on the end of a cross at backpost which Ramsay failed to deal with but was hacked off the line.

Caernarfon had an excellent chance pulled wide across the face of goal which should’ve seen them draw level.

Before the break, Bala was applying plenty of pressure but Jones blazed over from Robles’ throughball before Sean Smith had the ball in the net but saw it chalked off for offside.

In the second half, it was one way traffic from the Lakesiders.

After five minutes of play, Town were 2-0 ahead. Spittle’s long ball forward arrived to Venables who turned Williams and Edwards inside out, before he danced past Ramsay to cooly turn the ball into the net.

Bala were playing some brilliant football and looked such a threat on the attack.

Robles’ delivery picked out Jones but his ball flew inches past the upright before Venables and Smith linked up but weren’t able to capitalise on their opportunity.

Town had to be at their best at the back too with Anthony Stephens called into action to hack a goalbound effort off the line.

Our opponents were down to ten men with 10 men as Leo Smith was sent for an early shower for a late challenge on Nathan Burke.

With seven minutes left to play it was three for the Lakesiders. A Bala ball into the area was dropped by Ramsay, straight into the path of the awaiting Spittle who rocketed the ball in from six yards out to make it 3-0.

Before the end, it could’ve been even more for the Lakesiders with Hayes driving forward put saw his chance smothered by Ramsay prior to Molyneux also flying down the left wing but pulled it wide of the far post.

An excellent evening for the Lakesiders who showed plenty of heart and put in a superb performance to round off 2019.

Town are next in action away at Cardiff Met on January 11th.

Match photos by Naomi Jones can be seen here.

About The Author