Tough test for the Reserves against impressive opposition.

A dominant first half display by Blaenau was the difference between the two sides.

Bala started well for the first 10 minutes with little to worry about for keeper Dom Walker, some nice build up play by the Blaenau forwards resulted in our keeper collecting the ball from a harsh back-pass that wasn’t given by the referee.

Captain Ifan Jones timed a perfect challenge inside his own area, to deny the visitors of the opening goal in the first quarter of the game.

However on 15 minutes, the visitors broke the deadlock with a lovely weighted ball through our back line, the first effort on target was saved well by Walker, however the ball trickled across the face of the goal, which led to Bryn Humphreys smashing the ball in from close range to give the visitors the lead.

Things got worse for our reserves 2 minutes later, as a Blaenau forward dashed down the left hand flank, reached the touch line and put a driven ball across the box, it looked to come to nothing, however the ball sailed over Walker’s head and was met with a bullet strike by Meilir Williams, that smashed the underside of the bar and into the back of the net.

It went from bad to worse on 24 minutes as Blaenau got their third to make it 0-3 to the visitors. The left hand side was used again in the Blaenau attack, as our reserves’ back line was unlocked by a simple pass, which led to Kieron Ellis slotting home from close range, things weren’t looking great for the reserves with 20 minutes still left of the first half.

First chance on goal for Bala was made by Joe Ephraim on 37 minutes, however his headed effort went just wide of the goal.

Our visitors grabbed another goal just before half time to make it 0-4, as Meilir Williams grabbed his second goal of the night as he tucked the ball under Walker and into the back of the net.

The half time whistle went with the visitors 0-4 up, which saw a re-shuffle of players due to the amount of players at the managers (Adam Galdo) disposal.

A couple of minutes into the second half saw keeper Dom Walker needing to push a curling shot passed the post, resulting in a Blaenau corner.

A chance on goal for our reserves was made on 52 minutes, as Paul Yates lobs the ball on to the crossbar, resulting in the ball bouncing out to a Bala player, a foul was then committed by a Blaenau defender, however the free kick led to nothing.

Bala were determined to keep a second half clean sheet, yet Meilir Williams nearly ruined our determination, when he smashed the ball onto post from the edge of the box.

The same tactics were made by the visitors from the first half, which saw them attack the left hand side with their left back who was full of energy and acceleration.

The second half display by Bala was much improved to the first half. A goalkeeper substitution was made, as Tom Lloyd made the swap from outfield to keeper.

Tom was called into action on 87 minutes as a shot going goal bound by a Blaenau forward was brilliantly saved, down to his left and pushed it away to the Bala right back.

Bala’s second half clean sheet was secured as the full time whistle went, with Blaenau running out 4-0 winners, with the damage done in the first half.

The result was not what the team were looking for, however a positive second half will be something to build on in training and our next pre-season fixture!

We’d like to thank all supporters for coming to watch the local lads, and we’re determined to get a positive result out of our next fixture. Our next fixture will be announced as soon as we know more! #UTT

To see the match photos click this link:









About The Author