The U11’ss travelled to Wrexham on a bright but with a bitting wind on Sunday. The order of the day was 4 x 20 quarters which with our small squad carrying injuries and illness was going to be a challenge that the boys were ready to accept.

1st Q
Wrexham started well keeping the ball and testing Rhys out on many occasions. And it took us a long time to get going we kept giving the ball away cheaply and couldn’t get the ball to stick up front but our work rate was excellent. Against the run of play we took the lead, we were starting to get success out wide and from a Ffranc cross that just missed Osian in the middle Osh didn’t give up stopped the ball going out and delivered a perfect cross that Ffranc finished at the back post.

The wind that wasn’t obvious was with us this half and we took the initiative Deio coming on for the ill Ows was having great success and combining well with Ffranc and with the ball we were much better passing it quicker. We tested their keeper out on many occasions and he was up to the task. We were disciplined and organised with out the ball our pressing was much better and we won the ball high up on many occasions and our second goal came from good build up play freeing Ffranc on the right who had his shot well saved but Owen P was there to score from the rebound.

3rd Q
Our levels dropped as Wrexham kept the ball better and some of the boys were dead on their feet. They scored two quick goals that from our point of view was disappointing we failed to clear our lines and Rhys who was having an excellent match missed judge the flight of the ball and couldn’t keep hold of it. Second goal came because the defender jumped in instead of staying on his feet which left their striker free, Rhys producing a fantastic save but they followed up to score.

4th Q
This for the boys was like playing in extra time could they raise their levels and push on for the win. Owe B came off as he’d been playing with a hamstring injury from the start in came Ows at left back and struggled initially playing on the “wrong side”. They didn’t disappoint even after Wrexham scored a great looping header that Rhys had no chance. We kept going forward had so many chances that they only disappointment is we didn’t score. The corner count for this quarter must have been double figures. Thanks to Wrexham for hosting us.

Man of the Match:Rhys – apart from that one mistake was awesome from his handling to his kicking. Kept us in the game especially the 1, 3rd Q when they had the wind advantage.