Caernarfon comeback crumbles the Lakesiders.

Town’s lack of consistency came back to haunt them on Saturday evening with two halves of football and two completely different performances.

The first half was as good a half as the Lakesiders have played this season with a superb team display. Town started extremely well with Henry Jones firing narrowly over with less than a minute on the clock.

A minute later Bala were ahead, Jones pounced on Crowther’s mistake to drive into the area and fire into the net from around 8 yards to give Town the lead.

Bala were full of confidence with Jones almost making it 2-0 as he blazed over the bar again and then a double effort between Tames and Smith being pushed away by Ramsey.

After an initial quick start by the Lakesiders, Caernarfon settled and had a good spell of pressure and causing some problems for Town with Jamie Breese having the best chance of the half for the visitors as he put a golden opportunity wide of the post from around 3 yards out after a cross from the left.

Town hit back though with Venables having a huge chance when but his chance crawled inches wide of the far upright before on the halfhour mark, an almighty goalmouth scramble that saw three Bala opportunities but three fantastic saves by Ramsey to keep it to 1-0.

Bala started the second half brightly with Ramsey called into action to deny Bala and then Miley’s looping header landing on the roof of the net.

However, Caernarfon to their credit battled back with Cai Jones firing over the bar and then Morris making a superb save with his feet to deny Thomas.

On the hour, Caernarfon were level as Craig’s freekick arrived to Darren Thomas who headed past Morris in the Town net.

With their tails up, the visitors were growing in confidence and made it 2-0 as substitute Danny Brookwell rocketed the ball in from an acute angle.

Bala were trying to claw themselves back into the game with Tames and Jones linking up but unable to capitalise on the chance.

In injury time, salt was rubbed further into the wounds when Caernarfon were awarded a penalty which Craig duly dispatched into the bottom corner to seal the three points for the Canaries.

A disappointing evening for the Lakesiders who looked promising in the first half but have a lot to work on in training this week.



About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor