Poor Town outclassed by Met.

It was an afternoon to forget for the Lakesiders as they slumped to a 3-0 defeat away in Cardiff Met.

The home side came firing out of the blocks and took an early hold of the game which resulted in them opening the scoring after only eight minutes when Roscrow attacked down the left, crossing the ball to Will Evans who tapped the ball into the net from around 5 yards.

Met’s formation set up was proving extremely difficult for Bala to break down with Town unable to capitalise on their half chances with Met’s backline standing strong all half.

There were further opportunities for Met when a freekick went narrowly wide of the far post before Eliot Evans saw his curling strike curling around the post after a move through the middle.

Bala’s first clear cut chance came on 34 minutes when Smith released Jones and his delivery crossed immediately into the area but no Town shirt there to meet it.

Before the interval, Town almost notched a goal back as an unmarked Kieran Smith’s powerful effort soared over the crossbar.

Improvement was needed in the second half by Bala and things did improve with a better Town display.

Another great chance fell to Anthony Miley who struck the ball over the bar from Jones’ freekick which should’ve seen Bala back on level terms.

From what could’ve been 1-1, it actually went 2-0 when Roscrow got on the end of a cross from the left and poked the ball home.

Horwood and Hayes came on to freshen things up for the Lakesiders and for 15-20 minutes, Town were in the ascendancy and the chances created should’ve seen Bala get themselves into the game.

Hayes found Jones but his close range effort was blocked, Stuart Jones saw his header tipped over the bar from a Town corner before the biggest chance of the game when a massive goalmouth melee saw Tames’ rattling the crossbar and Miley’s follow-up header was hacked off the goal line.

Lang collected Jones’ teasing delivery and then Hayes’ rocket of a strike from the edge of the area was pulled inches wide of the upright.

However regardless of their dominant spell of pressure, 11 minutes from time Bala’s hopes of a comeback were ruined as Met added a third to their tally.

A set piece saw them play the ball in short from the edge of the box and arriving to Will Evans who blasted the ball past Morris and securing the three points.

Below par afternoon from the Lakesiders who need to get back on track for the final game before the split next week against Caernarfon.


About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor