The Foundation age groups were in action against Bangor City on Saturday morning.

Here’s how they all got on!

Under 9’s
A lack of intensity from us today clearly due to us lacking sharpness from no recent games. We really missed our keeper and left wingers creativity going forward.

We lost the first period 1-0 conceding a goal from another corner which we really need to work on. A good positive though was that we did not concede any goals early and defended really well up until the goal in the 14th minute. During the first period it was a real tough battle and we were more than holding our own with both teams working really hard.

Cadi worked extremely hard with our high press up top leading to us regaining possession high up pitch. We played through the middle too much at times and lacked width throughout the first and second period. Their keeper was outstanding and saved 4 probable goals for us but they were much more clinical in front of goal.

In the 2nd period they scored their second goal from another corner and our heads appeared to drop a bit and the guys went really quiet.

To our credit we worked really hard and created plenty of shots throughout but we were too reliant on the same one or two players to shoot all the time with some of our midfielders not having the confidence to drive forward today. Caleb scored our only goal.

Under 10’s
The game started off at a good pace, very end to end! A new partnership at the back with Ben and Osian playing together for the first time. It was Bangor who took the lead with a well taken goal. Bala seemed to switch off a bit and conceded another two goals in quick succession. This spurred Bala on and some of the link up play by Jac, Deio and Jack Ryan in midfield was superb, quick one touch passing. This lead to Bala’s first goal a lovely finish past the keeper by Cai.

This was soon followed by the goal of the game by Jac, a bullet effort over the keepers head and into the roof of the net from a long way out. We’d like to thank Jac who stepped up from the Under 8’s to help us out, he was a real stand out. Calvin in goal produced a good couple of saves in goal to keep us in the game but could do nothing to stop Bangor scoring their next two goals in quick succession.

Deio played a lovely through ball for Cai who had his initial shot saved but burried the rebound. Soon followed by another long range effort from Jac who beat the keeper at his near post.

It was a real battle in midfield with Osian putting a number of crunching tackles in! The intensity was good throughout and played the game in a positive manner fair play to all the players and this resulted in our final goal of the game with Deio finishing underneath the keeper after making good space for himself inside the box. The scoreline does not give a true reflection of the game as we had numerous chances. Man of the match was young Jac who was superb all game, ran his socks off and produced moments of magic!

Under 11’s
The U11’s played Bangor at Maes Tegid in freezing rain on Saturday morning. Both teams adapted to the conditions playing some quality football. Bangor went ahead when a cross came in and a good finish in to the bottom corner. Bala fought back and were chasing an equaliser but Bangor were awarded a penalty for a hand ball. Rhys producing a great save and we were able to clear.

2nd Half – We scored a goal straight from kick off working the ball wide to Iolo who spotted Osian running through the middle and producing with a calm finish. Both teams despite the weather producing some good football. Bala took the lead with Deio winning the ball high up moving it quickly to Osian who switched the ball to Ffranc in acres of space and he slotted it in to the corner. Then we produced a solid defensive shape while looking to break, but unfortunately after a mistake at the back allowing their wide player to get a shot on goal which Rhys did well to save but rebounded in off our defender.

3rd Half – With the weather taking a turn for the worst and both side were up against the elements. Ffranc scored a goal after a long ball through the middle used his pace and strength to find the back of the net. Bangor came back, they were getting success down their left and from the cross the ball bundled over the line. Game was end to end with both teams chasing the winner, unfortunately it was Bangor that scored a deflected winner.

Man of the match was Iolo who from the very first minute was pressing/harassing them even after an overnight illness.