Tale of two halves at The Rock.

If ever the phrase ‘a tale of two halves’ was more apt, Friday night was that night.

Bala delivered the best half of football of the season during the first half in a 45 minutes that saw them dominate the play and look as if they were going to score on every attack.

Pressure from the outset saw Bala almost take the lead after only two minutes as a teasing cross fizzed across the face of goal before Chris Venables headed over from six yards.

Town found their stride quickly with Hayes blazing over the crossbar from 10 yards and then Henry Jones’ shot taking a deflection minutes later.

James Davies went close for the home side as he turned Morris but Miley was able to clear for the Lakesiders.

After quarter of an hour, Town went ahead. Jones’ pass arrived to Mike Hayes who backheeled the ball into the net from around three yards out.

Five minutes later it was 2-0 as Kieran Smith’s great ball arrived to Tames who headed the ball back in across the face of goal for Henry Jones to head in at the backpost.

Bala were cruising with their constant waves of pressure. They saw an effort hacked off the line prior to Anthony Miley firing over from 12 yards and then a six yard box scramble came out to Tames who’s headed narrowly looped over the far post before the interval.

Much of the same was needed in the second period but the game totally turned on it’s head.

Druids came flying out of the blocks and took full control for the second half. With only two minutes played, they had the ball in the net but it was disallowed due to a foul in the box.

Cefn capitalised on their sustained spell of pressure as on the 55th minute got a goal back when Davies turned the ball in when Town failed to clear their lines.

Chances for Peate, Evans, Mudimu and Davies came for the home side as they grew in confidence with Bala having to stay strong to keep them from coming back level.

Ryan Kershaw’s strike from distance was brilliantly tipped over the bar by Morris but with six minutes left, they scored their second.

Former Lakesider Jordan Evans unleashed a stunning twenty five yard strike into the far corner giving Morris no chance in the Town net and bringing the score to 2-2.

A disappointing evening for the Lakesiders after such an impressive first half display which should’ve seen them out of sight in the first 45 minutes.

It’s a break from League football next week as we head to Flint Town United for the 3rd Round of the JD Welsh Cup.


About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor