Outstanding team display earns Town a hard earned point.

Matchday seven saw Town cause a stir on Friday night as they finally got their first point away from Maes Tegid this season and become the first club to keep the Saints at bay at Park Hall.

From the outset, it was a positive display from the Lakesiders and with only 50 seconds played, should’ve taken the lead when Henry Jones’ whipped corner caused Harrison to palm the ball away at near post.

TNS were their usual lively selves with Morris called into action to deny Aeron Edwards after Spender’s great delivery on the right.

Henry Jones was causing problems for the home side and had a good chance to open the scoring when Venables played him through but instead of taking the chance instinctively, he hesitated which allowed TNS to clear.

Bala had a handball shout in the area which was waved away before Morris down the other end brillianly saved Redmond’s effort.

Ebbe and Edwards had further chance for the league leaders but defensively, Town looked strong and were keeping them at bay.

Five minutes before the interval, a header from the left came to Venables which was hacked away at the last second from Blaine Hudson prior to Redmond fizzing a home chance past the post a minute before halftime.

Bala’s excellent first half performance was put well and truly to the test in the second period but credit to the lads, they kept it going during the last 45.

Under a lot of pressure from the home side for the majority of the second half, Redmond weaved through the backline but fired wide, Edwards struck the ball over and Marriott headed over the crossbar all before the hour mark.

The best opportunity of the game fell to Steven Tames. A blazing run from Jones saw him swing the ball at the backpost to Horwood who placed the ball on a plate to Tames five yards out but the League’s leading top goalscorer put the ball over the bar rather than add to his goal tally.

TNS took a hold of the game with waves and waves of pressure and the introductions of Draper and Cieslewicz showing their intent of taking the three points.

However the back five of Morris, Burns, the two Stuart Jones’ and Smith were putting in a shift and a half and coping with the numerous efforts from Routledge, Draper, and Ebbe in the final 10 minutes which made for very nervy viewing from the sidelines for the Town faithful!

In the final minute of stoppage time, Ashley Morris made a fantastic save to stop Cieslewicz’s chance and ensure the Bala were walking away with a point from Park Hall.

A vastly improved Town display which will boost the squad’s confidence massively after last week’s result at Aberystwyth.

It’s back to Maes Tegid next week as we host Llandudno.


About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor