Town slump to fourth consecutive defeat.

It was a tough night for the Lakesiders in their penultimate home game of the season as they came up against newly crowned champions The New Saints.

The start wasn’t great from a Town point of view as they found themselves trailing after only 6 minutes of play. A lapse in the defence allowed for Brobble to strike home from 18 yards out leaving Bala with a mountain to climb from the outset.

After the goal, Town seemed to settle and were doing well in the centre of the park with Burke and Pearson pulling the strings in midfield.

Town should’ve been level after 15 minutes as Sheridan’s good work saw Horwood swing in his delivery towards Smith who fired wide from 15 yards.

Jordan Evans was next to test as he blazed over the cross bar from the edge of the area prior to Burke meeting Smith’s cross and his half-volley saved by Harrison.

The Saints’ play was slick and quick and they punished Town further when Draper’s initial chance was blocked by Morris but his follow-up was tapped in near post by the striker after 27 minutes to make it 2-0.

Down the other end Sheridan saw his effort palmed out for a corner before Bala were forced to make a double block at the back to deny TNS from adding a third.

The second half didn’t start brilliantly either as Bala saw themselves 3-0 down only 13 minutes into the second period. A quick break through the midfield wasn’t dealt with by Town and arrived to Kauber unmarked who notched the ball into the net from close range.

They could’ve gone further ahead at the restart when Kauber’s powerful effort rattled the woodwork minutes later.

Horwood hooked the ball wide after his crossfield ball from Burke before Pearson saw his drive from the edge of the area saved by Harrison.

The Lakesiders got a goal back on 73 minutes as Pearson headed the ball back into the area which Sheridan bundled over the line from around a yard out to make it 3-1.

Bala’s hopes of a comeback were shortlived as the Saints hit back with 9 minutes left to play when Brobble stole the ball carved open the defence picking out Ebbe who played in Edwards to add a fourth goal.

A decent effort by the lads but outclassed by an impressive Saints side.

Town travel away for the final time this season next Saturday away at Cardiff Met.


About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor