One defensive lapse proves costly for Lakesiders.

Town started brightly as we headed to Deeside for some Friday night WPL action but regardless of the large spells of possession and amount of chances, Bala weren’t able to break down the physical Nomads defence.

Former Nomad Davies put pressure on Danby in the opening few minutes before a 25 yard daisycutter from Andrai Jones fizzed past the near post with 12 minutes on the clock.

Two powerful strikes from Davies in two minutes almost broke the deadlock for Town but Danby palmed one away and the other went inches wide of the upright. Andrai Jones let rip from distance once again and saw his shot go wide as Town’s dominance continued until the half hour mark.

A last ditch tackle timed brilliantly by Stuart Jones brought Williams to a stop before Ashley Morris made a superb low save with his feet to block Wilde’s effort in Quay’s first chance of the first half.

Quay took an undeserved lead a minute before the interval. Morris came off his line to retrieve a ball destined for a goalkick but Thompson was unable to track Smith who got to the ball and swung in a cross towards Wilde who’s diving header from around 6 yards rocketed into the empty net.

Bala were eager to get back on level terms at the start of the second half. Davies, Hayes and Venables all had half chances blocked away by the Nomads backline who were putting two men on the forwards as they looked to keep their lead.

On the hour mark, tempers flared when a tackle on Town’s Stuart Jones led to Ryan Wignall being sent off amongst a melee of scuffling players.

With order restored 5 minutes later, Danby was called into action when he tipped over Burke’s effort from distance prior to a goalline clearance denying Venables from close range.

A good ball in from Owens picked out Hayes but the forward was unable to reach the teasing ball that should’ve resulted in Town’s equaliser.

Bala were throwing everything at Quay’s 10 men, Jones broke forward and released Hayes but Danby was able to smother the chance before a 89th minute block tackle from Smith denied Town once again.

Plenty of possession, a quiet night for goalkeeper Ashley Morris, a great first half performance but Town unable to capitalise on their large spells of dominance even when Quay went down to ten men.

It’s back to Maes Tegid next Saturday as we welcome Carmarthen Town at 2.30p.m.

Match photos by Naomi Jones

cq2 cq3 cq4 cq5 cq6 cq7 cq8 cq9 c8

About The Author


Club Media Officer, Webmaster & Programme Editor